IDAHO CUBS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Idaho Cubs program is very excited to offer scholarships to graduating seniors of the scout team who have the opportunity to play baseball at the college level while pursuing their college degree.
With the contributions of many people, who believe in the Idaho Cubs mission, we are motivated to offer financial support to those seniors who make a positive impact in the classroom, on the field, in their neighborhoods and communities. We want to acknowledge those who are committed to excellence, lead by example, take accountability for their decisions and make the right choices. We want to award those who are self-motivated, loyal, trustworthy, respectful and unselfish. We are looking for “Difference Makers.”
Once applications are received they will be reviewed by our scholarship committee and awards will be announced before the Idaho State 5A Championship baseball game. The number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship will be determined by the committee and presented on the field before the start of the championship game.
Applications and materials must be received by April 1 of your graduating year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- You will graduate from high school after your senior year.
- You have been recruited to play baseball by the college or university you will be attending after your senior year in high school.
- You played on the Idaho Cubs Scout Team during your senior year in high school.
- You have completed and turned in all application material by April 1 of your senior year
- Letter of recommendation from your high school baseball coach.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or employer.
- A one page essay answering one of the following questions:
1. If you could meet or spend one day with anyone who is no longer living, who would it be, why and what would you do?
2. If you won the $100 million lottery, what would you do with the money?
3. Who is the one person who has impacted your life the most and has been a “difference maker” to you? How has that person made a difference?
4. Is there one experience in your life so far that has made a significant impact in how you choose to you live? How has that experience changed your life?
Please email all application material to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation once your application is complete.